It's been awhile since my last post and this one comes with many changes since the last post. A few of the changes that have come are: 2018 is here (WHAT?!?!), I bought a house that's turning into my home, I turned 29 (WHAT?!?!?!).

2018 - if you would have told me this is what my life looks like when I was a 10 year old kid, I would have laughed. But looking back at all that has happened, I wouldn't change a thing. Not one minute. With each unforeseen life event, it has shaped me into the person I am today. I am stronger because of them. Turning 29 in 2018 wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, even if my life personally isn't what I had imagined
Buying a house has been the most "adult" thing I've done and am enjoying it. (Even if I still can't find half of my things)
Stepping into the official role of a Youth Pastor has by far exceeded my expectations and brought many growing opportunities with it. I love my kids and love watching them step into young man and woman that God created them to be.

Those things are a few of major things that have changed in my life in 2018. And I can say with confidence that all the other situations and events - that are not mentioned - I have changed and grown in the past year. Many times the growing pains of the changes seemed to be more than I could bear. I won't go into the details of them all - but I would say most of them I wish I could have avoided and possibly just sat the sidelines for....but instead here I am closing out January of 2018 (ALREADY) with my perspectives changed forever.

Growing pains = Change = New Perspectives of Life.

So here is to new perspectives in 2018, To change that will most likely hurt but make me stronger and a better person, To new adventures to tell and share, but most of all here is to taking change and growing pains a day at a time and know that God's got a plan.

Romans 5:3-5 "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trails, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I the Grinch's Roommate?

Update / New Directions

Summer - Here and Gone