Life with 2 under 2 

It’s been a whirlwind. From brother arriving about 2.5 weeks early, mom wasn’t ready for that at home, to learning a new routine for everyone. It’s been well whirlwind feels like the right way to explain it. Most days I don’t know up from down but somehow by the end of the night everyone is feed, alive, ready for bed, and the house is still standing. 

As this first month has flown by, I’ve come to realize that I have a very unpopular opinion about newborn/infant stage. It may come from PTSD of NICU/Children’s hospital stage with Acelynn or it might come from that one thing no one likes to speak about or it may I’m a Youth Pastor and love teenagers: Postpartum struggles. 


Are ya ready for it? Newborn/infant stage isn’t my favorite stage of life. Yep. There I said it. It’s not my favorite in any capacity. I would rather have the toddler days of fits and tantrums and coloring sessions and walks at the park over the sleepless nights. I feel guilty even thinking about it, even more vocalizing this. And the guilt hits harder when everyone seems to say: don’t ya just love it. And you are gonna hate the terrible twos, or just wait for the preteen and teenage days. 


Breathe…. That’s what I tell myself each time a strange or person in my life tells me that. Breathe… as I semi agree but deep down am thinking: “I just want some sleep” “I want him (Gideon) to be more independent.” Breathe… this stage will pass too. 


Now don’t get me wrong - I love my little baby boy, Gideon. He is precious and amazing and I wouldn’t give up this time with him for anything. But I believe we can not love a season of life and still walk through it with grace. 


So here is to my graceful and more times than not so graceful walking through life with the help of Jesus and a tribe of women. 

Comments

  1. Oh Monica I so understand. I always said I counted the days until they were 1. I too like the terrible two or frightful threes over an infant. I too only wanted some sleep. I wanted to set down and eat a meal without them wanting to nurse or needing a diaper change or crying for no reason. But I’m going to say “enjoy it it’s gone too fast.” And that is only because I’m through that stage. Have grown grandkids who grew up too fast. But I so understand and remember how hard those days were. I am praying for you as you get through this “hard time.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to enjoy it. Some day are easier than other days. But we are tryin for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, Changes, and a few more Changes

Am I the Grinch's Roommate?