YET the time will come

High School camp is sadly over - and as I look back, I am amazed at what all God did that week and the decision that were made and look forward the "yet to come" moments that are in store not only for my life - but for each of my students and leaders. 

This week God prompted me to begin to study the minor prophets in the Bible. - So I began with Hosea. God began speaking to Israel through Hosea and ask him to marry a prostitute. A woman who Hosea knew would more than likely be unfaithful and would wonder away from him even though he was always faithful and loved her unconditionally. - As I reflect on this again, I don't know of a more perfect way God could have demonstrated his love for us than through this picture. We - His people - have been unfaithful and walked away from His love, grace, and mercy time and time again - but He (God) has always loved us unconditionally no matter how far or how long we have turned our backs to him. This truly is AMAZING GRACE! What really caught my eye the first time was Hosea 1:10a "Yet the time will come..."

Yet the time will come. This phrase, this statement stopped brought me to a halt today. God saying "the story isn't done yet. There is more than you can see and I am working on my plan". So many times I want the yet to be just around the physical corner, not miles down the road and around a few bends. I want answers now. I want resolutions now. I don't want to wait on "yet". Yet can be defined as: at a future date, eventually. Yet takes patience. Patient meaning enduring pains and trials calmly or without complaint. Honestly, I don't like "yet" and more times than not I don't like being patient. Both traits are what Hosea displayed and even more so are what Jesus gives me each and every day. They are blessings, not curses like I have viewed them so many times in the past.


It's hard to wait for the "yet" in God's timing, but the reward and the satisfaction when we do is beyond words. I have a few "yets" that I am waiting on and am beginning to see the other side of a "yet". 
I still have a handful that I am waiting to see happen and will continue to believe and wait on God's PERFECT timing. 

Hosea 1:10 - Yet the time will come when Israel's people will be like the sands of the seashore - too many to count! Then, at the place where they were told, 'You are not my people,' it will be said, 'You are children of the living God.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I the Grinch's Roommate?

Update / New Directions

Broken but BEAUTIFUL